16 December 2010

What I think is funny...

Most people know that my humor is fairly elementary and I took this quiz one time that described me as an idiot savant.

It pretty much said I was really smart but that I found some of the most simple things absolutely hilarious. Anyone who has ever worked with or lived with me knows that I am very easily amused. And am also known to carry things a little too far to the point where it turns into something disgusting.

Various things that have made me laugh:

1) This is a clip from the movie "The Proposal"-- Betty White and Sandra Bullock are my heroes.




2) There are those occasions when I am out with friends and if we are, let's say, in a grocery store, I will say something like, "Hey, Ginger, I will give you a dollar if you dance like this all the way down the cereal aisle." If they happen to take that challenge, then I'll quickly yell, "Hey, shoppers, look at the weirdo dancing down the cereal aisle? Isn't that just ridiculous? I wouldn't come over here if I were you!"

3) I will sometimes hide around the corner at the studio where I work and just as a one of the other trainers may be coming by, I'll quickly but in a calm voice say, "Hey, Jill, what's new?" Scares the crap out of her and then I'll try not to laugh while saying, "Oh, did I scare you?" 

4) I have always loved the Hoda Kotb and Kathy Lee Gifford skits on Saturday Night Live. I also miss Tina Fey and Amy Poehler on SNL's Weekend Update. 

5) I love it when my sisters imitate things that their sons/my nephwes do; this always leads to my oldest sister and I talking in a midget voice that only adds to the humor of imitating the boys. It drives my other sister crazy. Love my nephews. And my sisters.

6) My dad, who's Brazilian, has a tendency to say things the wrong way and his accent makes it even funnier. For instance, when he bought my mom a new car they came home from the dealership. His summary of his experience with the car salesman: Man, dose guys, dey get you sink, line, and hooker!" My sisters and my brother and I all kinda just look at each other and shrug. Huh, guess the guy threw in a hooker as part of the deal. 

7) Moose, due to only have 1 eye, and his tendency to misjudge the distance of the couch at times. He will take a good running start, jump to get on the couch, but because he can't quite calculate the actual distance he will face plant and fly backwards. Without missing a beat, he springs up, and jumps on the couch. Success!!

8) Watching my sister, Olivia, playing the boxing game on the Wii. All sorts of spastic and involuntary movements come out of this typically prim and proper woman.

9) My brother reciting movie lines.

10) And this is my favorite holiday recipe, I make it every year.

Real-World X-mas Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
some nuts
1 bottle Vodka
2 cups of dried fruit 

Sample the vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat . Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the vodka is shtill OK. Try another cup .... just in case. Turn off the mixerer. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick fruit off floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who giveshz a ...t. Check the vodka. Still teast OK? Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spgoon of supar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn on the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, drop the bowl on the floor spillling contenst, finish the vodka, swip in the mess, and trip over the cat.
CHERRY MISTMAS! 

This list is just a small bit of the things I find funny. Moose is currently making a list of things he finds funny, too. He keeps looking at me and laughing and quickly scribbles in his Big Chief notepad. I'm suspicious.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that Dad also said "The guy was JUST like a salesman." Duh, Dad!

    ReplyDelete